Everyone wants the best gaming keyboards, as the market for computer hardware is constantly changing.
Gaming keypads are available for anyone with a disability or personal preference.
Best Gaming keypads have been designed to provide the best possible performance for users.
Due to their design, it may even be called a one-handed keyboard.
You must take into account many factors when choosing a new product. No one wants to regret their decision.
Razer Tartarus HTML2 Gaming Keypad Style & Substance
- 32 fully-programmable membrane keys
- Scroll wheel and 8-way directional thumbpad
- RGB keys that can be customized.
- Faux leather padding on adjustable wrist pad
- Hypershift mode doubles key count
Design and build
Tartarus is a top-of-the-line keypad for gaming.
It is small but has 32 programmeable keys and a matte black finish. The Tartarus has an adjustable palm rest and faux leather padding, just like the Nostromo keypad. There is an 8-way directional thumbpad that allows for more neutral navigation controls. Razer, being Razer, has also added that extra RGB flair.
Razer has fitted the Tartarus V2’s Tartarus Mecha-Membrane Technology to replace simple mechanical switches. This is where the Tartarus V2 may be lacking in some respects. The mechanical switches are similar to the clicky mechanical switches, but they’re not the same. The 32 keys can be programmed and made more enjoyable by Hypershift, a feature that allows for the use of up to 32 keys.
The Razer Synapse software controls the Tartarus V2 just like other Razer products and peripherals. Synapse software allows you to customize different programmable keys with macros, remapping, rebinding and many other options. Like most Razer products the keys of Tartarus V2 have individual RGB LEDs under them. This allows you to customize the RGB effects using 16.8 million colors. The Hypershift mode allows you to switch the 32 keys into a new set that you can program according to your preferences.
The Tartarus V2 keyboard is the best one-handed keyboard you will find in 2021. Razer has made substantial improvements to their keypads, and the Tartarus V2 just about does everything right. The price is reasonable considering all the perks.
- The Hypershift mode doubles the key count.
- Razer’s Synapse 3.0 has a very user-friendly interface.
- 32 keys that can be programmed.
- It is small and easy to transport.
- When pressed, the membrane switches give off a soft feel.
Logitech HTML13 Pad Keypad with Display
- An LCD panel is located at the top of the screen to display stats and make changes on the fly.
- 25 Programmable keys with a left-handed oriented joystick.
- It can store up to 5 profiles and has on-board memory
- Features customizable backlighting.
- The cable is 7 feet long.
Design and build
The G13 has 25 programable keys and is a highly customizable option for one-handed gaming. To make it easier to reach and press the keys, they are slightly curved. Although the G13 features a rubber wrist rest and palm, there is not much padding. The joystick can be programmed and there are two buttons on the side. The LCD panel is the main feature of the G13. You can display CPU stats, change macros, and more from the panel.
Logitech’s G13 features 25 programmeable keys and three profiles. The contoured keys match the curve of the G13 keyboard. The curvature of the G13 keypad helps gamers reach buttons quickly. It is a great gaming keypad for games such as Fortnite. By default, the four central keys are set to WASD but this can be altered.
Although there are some issues, the G13 keypad is very solid and performs well. You will receive the G13 with an installation disc that contains the software. This is because there is no “plug-and-play” functionality. Although the G13 has onboard memory for saving your profiles, it is not able to install the software. Without switching tabs, the LCD panel displays any important stats you may need.
There are a few quirks in the Logitech G13, but these are minor issues compared to the great things it does. The G13 is great for portable gaming with a laptop, but it can also be used with a computer. It will cost you more than Tartarus, however.
- Memory onboard
- For those who require it, the LCD panel can prove to be extremely beneficial.
- The natural curvature and contour of the keypad is followed by the contoured keys.
- Its solid and smooth construction makes it suitable for long-term use.
- Plug and Play is not supported
Razer Orbweaver Chrome – Mechanical & Customizable
- There are 20 buttons that can be programmed.
- Razer Green mechanical switches included.
- For more comfort, adjustable parts are available
- Synapse software allows you to customize RGB backlighting.
- The thumb buttons are strong enough to register no accidental touches, but they’re still easy to use.
Design and build
The Orbweaver Chroma offers a wide range of customization options, and does not compromise on ergonomics and comfort. The Orbweaver Chroma was designed with ease-of-use in mind. The palm rest is slightly higher than the rest, but that’s not what it has. All parts of the joystick, including the keypad, palm rest and thumb, can be adjusted. You can play for hours without any discomfort because of its shape. You have 20 buttons that can be programmed, and all keys have backlighting. Synapse allows you to customize the keys.
Razer continues his journey with the Orbweaver Chroma, as the keys of the Orbweaver Chroma are mechanical switches. The switches are very well designed with optimized actuating points and reset points. Synapse can program 20 of the 20 backlit keys. Two additional buttons and a joystick are included in the thumb controls. The thumb buttons are just right in force to prevent accidental clicking.
The Nostromo had a two-part palm rest, while the Orbweaver has several additional adjustable parts. You can also position the thumb buttons independently. These features make it extremely easy to use. You can customize RGB lighting for your keypad with the Chroma edition. You can also sync the Synapse with other Razer peripherals
Razer has made a lot of improvements to the Orbweaver over the Nostromo. You can customize the hardware as well as the software to create a more enjoyable gaming experience.
- It can be adjusted to make it more comfortable.
- Razer green mechanical switches
- It is easy to use even for long gaming sessions because of its higher palm rest.
- It is a little pricey.
- Some switches can be quite loud.
Delux T9 46-Key Pad – Affordable Choice
- It comes with 46 keys that are not programmeable.
- It can be used with plug-and-play functionality.
- It is a replacement for the left side on a regular keyboard.
- Simple design at a reasonable price
- The wrist pad is large enough for your hand to rest comfortably on.
Design and build
The Delux T9 46 Key Pad is slightly different than the other keypads, in that it does not have a joystick. The Delux T9 is essentially a cutout of the left side. There are a few additional controls, but it’s all you need. The Delux T9 keypad is compact and has all you need. It is comfortable enough to not strain your wrists when you use it. It is also very comfortable for its price.
The Delux T9’s 46 keys offer various functions such as Escape, Volume Up, Down, Function Keys and others. They are easy to use because they are recess-type keys. Although the Delux T9 is very affordable, it lacks extra features. You cannot assign macros to the keys as they have clearly defined functions. The Delux T9 can be considered a gaming keyboard.
The Delux T9’s simplicity and ease of use are the best features. You cannot use the keys to create macros or map them. They have predetermined purposes. It’s a simple “plug-and-play” gaming keyboard. Maybe a half keyboard would work better for this.
The Delux T9 46 Key gaming keypad is an affordable and budget-friendly option. You may find better options, but at a much lower price you can get a keypad that will last a long time.
- Very affordable.
- The keys are spaced so that accidental key presses cannot be made.
- Compact and light.
- To assign macros, keys cannot be used.
- There is no joystick nor directional buttons.
Razer Nostromo PC Gaming Mouse – All in One
- It comes with 16 Hyperesponse-programmable keys.
- It features an 8-way directional thumbpad.
- The wrist pad can be adjusted.
- Its soft padding makes it perfect for long gaming sessions.
- Fits in any hand size.
Design and build
Razer’s Nostromo gaming keyboard was the first to make a name for itself in the keypad market. There are three parts to the Nostromo: the wrist rest, the keypad and the thumb controls. All of these parts are comfortable. Adjustment of the wrist rest is possible, but you will need to remove the wrist rest first and then adjust it. The Nostromo is made to last, so it will not sustain any damage if you take care of it. Nostromo is comfortable because the joystick is in a perfect position.
They are made of a glossy plastic and are easy to use. If you decide to use a keypad, your space is already very limited. The Nostromo shows that it is possible with ease thanks to ergonomics. It doesn’t require a lot of force to register the keys and it feels just right to the touch. They are fully programmeable and come with a blue LED light underneath.
Razer Nostromo is an older keypad. There have been many improvements to the market for gaming keypads since then. The Nostromo is still a great choice for what it has to offer. You can program the 16 Hyperesponse keys using Razer’s software. You can toggle between 8 different key mappings and 20 profiles.
Razer Nostromo was a popular gaming keyboard and is still highly recommended by many. While the Nostromo’s gaps are filled, the newer keypads can still be used. Although it is more expensive than the Nostromo, you won’t regret making this purchase.
- Programmable is the 8-way directional thumbpad.
- You can store up to 20 profiles that you can change on the fly.
- Registration of keys does not require a lot force.
- It is quite expensive.
- For adjustment, the wrist pad must be removed.
ACEPHA – Great for MOBA Games
- It comes with 29 anti-ghosted keys.
- There are 7 colors available for LED backlights.
- It features a non-adjustable, but comfortable wrist pad.
- You can reprogramme the keys.
- It works with Windows.
Design and build
The ACEPHA T9, like the Delux T9 keyboard keypad, is a cutout from the left side of a keyboard. You’ll also find numeric keys and up to six basic keys on the keyboard. It is small enough to be easily carried around. Although the wrist pad is extremely soft, it’s large enough that your hand can rest on it at all times. The space key is replaced by a large button in the right corner.
You have 29 keys to choose from and 16 keys rollover so that every button press is recorded at all times. This keyboard is great for MOBA games because of its many keys, but the ergonomics and spacing make it suitable for Fortnite gaming. Although the ACEPHA T9 may not be as glamorous as other keyboards, it does the job.
The layout of the ACEPHA gaming keypad looks like a regular keyboard but the keys can be programmed. The keys are available in seven different backlighting colors. Although it’s not RGB, it’s still amazing considering the price.
It doesn’t have a joystick, so it isn’t the best option for one-handed gaming. This piece of hardware is great for gamers who only need a few keys.
- Compatible with Mac OS and other versions of Windows.
- Very durable despite being quite cheap.
- 7 backlight colors available at a price that is affordable.
- Sometimes the keys feel sticky because they are not curved.
- The wrist pad is not padded.
SADES Mechanical keyboard – The Common Man’s Friend
- It comes with 35 keys that are not programmeable.
- The switches are mechanical black.
- It is a static 7-color blacklight.
- It is plug-and-play.
- It is very durable.
Design and build
Half keyboards are becoming more popular, but not everyone is comfortable with them. Half keyboards seem like a step down for those who have been using full keyboards. The SADES mechanical half keyboard allows people to dip their toes into the water. The keyboard is exactly the same as a full keyboard, except that it only has one half. It is well built and should not be a concern. It does slide around when you play a lot. However, this can be fixed.
The SADES Half Keyboard, as the name implies, is a mechanical keyboard. The keys have black switches underneath. Black Switches are quick to trigger with minimal delay and no debouncing. This switch makes very little noise, which is a plus. They are well-built and slightly elevated above the surface, which is typical of mechanical keys. Although the keys cannot be reprogrammed, it’s a good place for beginners to get started with half keyboards.
The keys on the SADES keyboard’s half keyboard cannot be reprogrammed, as mentioned previously. It’s still a good choice. This keyboard supports plug-and-play. This keyboard is small and easy to use, making it an ideal companion for anyone. It has the RGB flair so it isn’t boring. The RGB lights cannot be modified and will remain as they are.
- This is a great choice for people who are not familiar with half keyboards.
- Cheap black mechanical keys
- Keys cannot be reprogrammed.
- The RGB lights cannot be altered.
- It can be difficult to find the keys.
Design and build
Although it isn’t as extravagant as some of the larger keyboards, this keyboard packs a big punch. The K50 RGB is essentially a half keyboard. It resembles a regular keyboard on the left. The bottom has a large wristrest that allows you to play for hours without straining your wrists. The wrist pad has a shape a bit like a hexagon and the space key is right next to it. Because it is raised above the surface, the space key can be a bit awkward. Depending on how your hands are placed, your thumb may get tired.
The keyboard is cheap but does have mechanical keys. This is always a plus. Blue mechanical keys make up the 35 keys. Although they aren’t as good as Cherry MX keys, the keyboard is great for the job it does and the value it offers. You also have 6 macro keys that range from G1 through G6.
Although the K50 RGB half keyboard doesn’t have a lot to offer, they are decent. Some people may find the keys a little too close together. You can’t complain about a cheap gaming keyboard. You will find instructions in the manual on how to define and add macro keys. You can choose between 7 colors and 5 modes of backlit lighting.
This mechanical keyboard with 35 keys is a great option. It is not affordable for everyone. Although it isn’t the most durable or comfortable, it does have 6 macro keys and mechanical switches. This sounds like a decent deal.
- 6 different macro keys.
- Compatible with every common OS.
- Not very durable
- Long gaming sessions can be uncomfortable due to the spacing between keys.
- It is difficult to place your thumbs correctly due to the large space key.
GameSir – Portable & Lightweight
- There are 34 keys in total.
- It also includes software support.
- There are four macro keys.
- The blue mechanical switches on the keys are used.
- It is very lightweight.
Design and build
The GameSir GK100 has been optimized for Fortnite, and PUBG. Because the keys are close together, it can be a double-edged sword. Although the keys may help you to react faster, you might accidentally press another key. It is lightweight so it can be carried around easily. You can remove the wrist rest by sliding it off. This increases portability.
For those with limited budgets, we have another keyboard that has blue mechanical switches. You can also map 4 additional keys to the side of the keyboard. Arrow Key mode allows you to use the secondary keys, which are marked on top. Although it’s not the most reliable or best, it can get the job done. It’s a good choice if you need something simple but tactile and clicky.
The GameSir GK100 keyboard has Plug and Play functionality. Simply connect the wire to get started. The software will be required to create macros and customize the keyboard. Some people find the keys too loud, which can be annoying.
The GameSir GK100 keyboard is simple and can be used in conjunction with the other mentioned models. Although it is a bit more expensive than others, it doesn’t offer any better. It’s a simple one that many might find a use for.
It is lightweight and portable.
It is simple to remove the detachable wrist rest.
- It is less durable than the build quality.
- The keys can be quite loud.
- It is uncomfortable to use the wrist rest.
Jancal RGB 35Keypad – Use in conjunction with PS4
- There are 35 keys in total.
- It can also be used with PS4.
- You can use the Function keys as Macros.
- It is compatible with Windows and MacOS.
- Because of its small size, it is easy to transport.
Design and build
The Jancal keyboard is a half-keyboard. It works exactly as you would expect. It’s a cutout from the left side of a regular keyboard. It has a large wrist pad that allows you to rest your hand on top. The wrist pad isn’t very comfortable. It’s just a large block of plastic with an uneven shape. The keys are also a bit too far apart. It might prove to be a problem for people with smaller hands.
The Jancal keyboard contains a total 35 keys. It is similar to a regular keyboard, except for the addition of an Fn instead of a Windows button. You can use the Function keys at the top to perform different tasks with the Fn key. These keys are very generic, but they will work well for you if you don’t have many requirements.
The Jancal 35 key keypad doesn’t allow you to redefine macros. Instead, you will find predefined macro keys at the top which can be used with the Fn key. This keyboard also has RGB lights, as its name implies. The keyboard is small so it will not take up much space on your desk.
It’s a simple keypad that doesn’t have much flair. It will do the job and is a good budget choice. It can also be used with your PS5 so it makes a great gaming keypad for Fortnite.
- It doesn’t take up a lot of space on your desk.
- You get what you pay for
- The cable is not long enough.
- The wrist pad is truly subpar.
- It is not as long-lasting as you would like.